Tuesday, July 18, 2006

you don't have to go home...

but you can't stay here.

And neither can I. My roomies found a place closer to school, a place they can afford just the two of them, which puts the other two of us also looking for a new place. Which is fine, We both were kindof looking anyway. I like the people I'm living with, but even for my no cooking, the kitchen here is too small.

Also, my job ends either at the end of July or August (my choice) or it might continue til november. I took it believing it would end in July and that I would then visit mom and dad and maybe some friends, and then go on to the next boring adventure, but I'm finding it very hard to let go of the guaranteed hours and good wages.

Really, i've been in stasis. i got home and turned on the tv, so managed to stay hypnotized and avoid thinking about all the things that matter in this world, like love and family and helicopters (which are analagous in this sentence to both war and buzzards circling a starving child)

Now my contract with Clean water for Haiti has ended, what am I going to do? The question of the muddled person who wrote the biography attached to this blog (see the green box to the right) has apparently been ignored long enough.

If ever was a time to throw in your two cents worth- what a good thing for me to do next would be, information or suggestions regarding housing and employment in Ottawa, Victoria, Haiti, New Zealand, Parts Unmentions, now is that time. Comments please!

Speaking of hypnotized, I watched Sex in the City tonight and the lead character has some line that goes along the lines of "Narcissus drowned in his own image; didn't he have any friends to mirror back at him? So COMMENTS please! Really, I'm watching Sex in the City by myself on a sunshiney day? This is not good people!

Anyway, here's a picture of the hallway of my last house: (And Jean Franz doing the dishes)




3 comments:

Val said...

Hey dummy! (Oh wait, Nikki's going to read this)

Hey Girl!

People can only comment if they read, and no one will read if they don't know something's been written!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nikki said...

ha, you know, I've checked your blog periodically to see if you've written, I can swear sometime earlier in July, and i never got your new posts. BOO.

By the way, I'm 99.9% certain I took this picture. So it's funny seeing it in your blog.

Why are some people given the ability to do so much? Why can't ability be spread around a little? Thinking this over the other day, so many things I COULD do, the problem becomes wondering which of them is the MOST useful. And in himming and hawing end up doing nothing at all.

I'd suggest....keep your job until they stop offering it to you. Deposit that money in my bank account, against my debts, and I'll pay you a salary the next time you go volunteering. It's great, you save me the interest, and you've got a guarenteed income. It's kinda like those savings accounts women in Haiti have, where they dump money into a pot every month, every month it's a different woman's turn to get the collective pot.

Move to Ottawa, help me with my French (hey! I'll have spent nearly 4 months of intense French langauge training, that's exactly half of hte time I lived in Haiti, during which I pretty much always spoke English. Clearly my French is better than my Creole by this point.) You'll also have government experience, French and English, and if you live in Ottawa, you'll have the postal code necessary for applying to most government jobs. In the meantime, work as a waitress and enjoy yourself.

Or take a few courses at hte University of Ottawa...and visit your friends in Montreal some weekends, it's only an hour and half away.

Now how's that for a plan?

love you babe, talk soon