(in the christian sense of the word.)
Went out with a coworker after work and shared a few beers and a bottle of wine. (it took us six hours) Got on the bus home and sat next to this punk with a shiner and fresh stitches. Thanks to the confidence of alcohol, struck up a conversation with him and we talked about criminal earnings vs having firetrucks, what counted as "sober" for joining the military, and how important it is to respect one's grandmother. He was headed to the mac's and short one dollar for a sandwhich, so going to buy candy bars instead. Told him I'd spot him the sandwhich, but told him off when he tried to shove another under his shirt. Warned the clerk to watch him and left the payed sandwich and my new friend in the store.
Oh, the important part:
1- I knwo I'm a sap and this kid would've been fine without the sandwhich. But, I gotta treat my neighbour like my brother, and I'm always happy when someone does something for me. Maybe one day he'll pass on the love. Or maybe he'll wonder why someone did somthing, and look into
What's love got to do with it?
Or maybe I'll feel better knowing I did the best i could today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment