
At work today my boss thinks I screwed up, and I think she screwed up. I mention this because authority type /parental figures have been concerned that I have self confidence problems, and I don't think that can be the case if I'm so arrogant as to think I'm right even when I've been told otherwise.
I was in a bad mood until, on my way home, the Street Performer's festival started and I watched this crazy dance group, galumpha. They were really neat and I stood in the sun for a long time watching them, even though my feet were killing me after work. I was also really impressed with some of the music they used, by this Czech group Jablkon, which from the looks of their website I'm not the first fan of, but which I have discovered by myself, without liking it because I've heard it five hundred times. I wish there were more money in my pocket so that I could be a true fan and purchase a cd, instead of just having to argue with myself about whether I can steal it from whatever the most current version of napster is. But in my ear there's an uppity voice who keeps reminding me of what else "extra" money could go to. Not that most of it will actually get there. The more I stay in Canada, the more i waste money on eating out and clothes and crap. Not that I don't feel guilty while doing those things, but I'm mostly too tired not to, or something. But, I did make back the 200$ i owed my friend, so I'll give that to Yaya hopefully, to help build a new shack. (She got evicted from her old place, probably for family of the landlord.) If she can find enough money, maybe she can even get cement floors one day. I think she's goign to start with a roof that doesn't leak, and then some walls not made of rocks with cement thrown at them. Plastering over sticks
is an ingenious system, but it doesn't seem to last in the rain. (Here is a picture of both her and the walls. And other people, whose stories you only get when you look at my whole album)Right now I'm reading this book, Yada Yada, and it is about how we're people and we fuck up and that's ok if we don't give up but instead rely on God to get through it, and try to make it better. At least, I think that's what it's about. Someone just got hit by a truck, so right now it's about lawyers and police investigations. Anyway, it would be wild if it were relevant, so I'm going to get back to reading that.
1 comment:
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
Post a Comment