Thursday, April 12, 2007

i wanna go back to school!

Well, maybe not, I'm still not convinced I'm smart enough to waste tax payer's dollars on it. and really, I also want to go back to see my friends and be with my books, so I'm not entirely making the decision with the right thoughts in mind. But also, my school is the coolest school ever because it made the coolest grammar aid ever, and I want to share it with you. If you ever want to write in French, this is the place to go.

http://bonpatron.com/

Also, just a note that I'm feeling grincheux towards the world this week, especially people writing blogs and seeming like they are ... just having a completely different understanding of the world than me. Like, I know they're trying, but I'm afraid they're making things worse, or at least, not making them better, and I wonder whether my judgement is really about them, or about myself, in a sell-out office job.

I accepted my job knowing that it wouldn't hurt anyone and would give me money and breathing space to figure out this whole life thing, so I don't think I could be feeling guilty about not doing more than that, especially after barely four weeks.

I think I may just be full of ranceur because these people have managed to find a way to think they are doing good but aren't using those opportunities how I would.

I'm further bitter because I don't want any one to feel like I'm attacking them, and I know how defensive people can get if they feel their work is being criticized, but... I really do wonder if I can support some of the stuff I'm reading about. So maybe I should go home to sleep instead. Except I guess 5:40 isn't really sleeping time. I could eat legitimately though.

(yup, I sure don't have to wonder how I end up fat and with no clean clothes- but at least my escape mechanisms don't affect my ability to walk normally:)

I'm also going to use hunger as an excuse to not correct the grammar and random cliches and lazy writing above. It will be good for my pride to have this up there and remember that I'm not an author, however much tripe I write.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your second paragraph offers the proof for your first. Of course you should go back to school if you want to. Give yourself the time and space to allow your holistic (holistic is the best term I could come up with) vision of helping to gell. Going to school can also give you time to go out and test and retest the viability of your vision and how it relates to the work of others.

Yes, you are smart enough and you have passion!

Val said...

Thanks Barb, for your nice comments- they are very timely, as I'd been very present-focused lately, but just yesterday I was tearing-up wondering if I could be a good teacher. Thanks for checking in!