Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Seeing Red

I'm going to pray that all of you are smart enough to figure out that buying something you don't need because part of the money will go somewhere good is not as effective as just giving money, but for anyone who wants numbers-based accusations:

An article in Advertising Age last week reported that since the campaign
launched in the U.K. last March, its corporate sponsors (which include the Gap,
Motorola and Apple, among others) have spent some $100 million on marketing but raised just $18 million for the Geneva-based Global Fund

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613550/site/newsweek/

Apparently, there is also this site which may have useful information: http://www.buylesscrap.org/ I haven't been there yet and am not responsible for its content. Time to get back to making money myself. (yes, i'm aware i'm a sell out. No, I don't think that's acceptable. Give me a few weeks with a full fridge to learn balance, eh!)

No comments: