Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Forgiveness

I was talking yesterday and realized that I forgive my mom not giving me the contact numbers, not because she was trying to do what was best (though I'm sure she was) but because if I'd been able to deal with my friend, if I hadn't myself been messed up and terrified of phones, that "fiddlehead" wouldn't have had to phone mom with a new number, she would have had mine.

This is important, because I KNOW I'm supposed to forgive. But a week ago, I really didn't want to, and now I have, and that is good.

That's the end of today's learning, please rise for the doxology. (which actually, my mom doesn't like, but hopefully she'll forgive me this once.)

BE IT NOTED

That I love Mom even when I am angry at her, and I love Dad when I am angry at him, and that they have done a wonderful job of convincing me that I am loved by them too. I have never feared that they don't love me, only that they might not like me particularly much. Which they can't be blamed for, as I have done some remarkably unlikeable things, and I don't even always like myself.

But I do like cheese.

2 comments:

Val said...

Well, I think my mom doesn't like the tune of the doxo, she seems to enjoy church well enough.

Anonymous said...

That is quite interesting, I am glad you write of such diverse topics