My last two days of work were quite busy with training the guys on staff and some ladies from the new project in Gonaives. It was a lot of fun and a good way to say goodbye to my job; Doing the thing I'd come to do, teach people how to help themselves, their friends, their neighbours. I was pretty proud of myself as I taught the class without an interpreter. I'd done short classes before, but this was my first time going solo for an advanced class.

I was panicking so bad I could see my heart throbbing in the mirror before we got started. Not because I was afraid I couldn't do it in kreyol, but because I felt like I couldn't teach at all. So it just goes to show you something, i'm not sure what. Anyway, I panicked that I couldn't teach, taught, and then learned more in one night than many previous nights. These businesslike women turned out to be about the same age and maturity as Leslie, Barb and I, and we had a most informative anatomy discussion which they then told me I couldn't repeat. I would pshaw that, except that since I've returned home I haven't used any creole and I've forgotten all my new words. Yet another (although lesser) reason to get back soon.
1 comment:
I think 'bou bou' was one of them. And I recall a 'cho cho' in there somewhere. I think I just had a roach run accross my foot. Yeah.
Post a Comment