Thursday, February 16, 2006

One year anniversary!

The fourteenth of last February was my first day in Haiti, and I forgot to do the "One year ago today" thing. Oh no! I think it is because i haven't really gotten around to realizing that time has passed. The Calendar may say Feb 2006, but it feels like I've only been gone a little while. Nothing has really changed.

Except everything that has.

Anyway, notable things about my first day in Haiti:
  • There were pink heart shaped balloons at the car dealership.
  • I met mango madness, who has been full of Valentine's sentiment (love and encouragement)
  • I met the boss and his buddy, who were full of beans and rice and stories about cars. and wonderfully innappropriate jokes.
  • I was pleasantly surprised at how much better Pierre Payen smelled than "romantic" Paris
  • I fell in love...

(Ok, it's cheesy, but that's kinda the point of the day, as far as I can see. Other than to distract from the birthdays of important people)

No comments: