Monday, February 13, 2006

Val writes: Jean Franz misses me

but not as much as I miss him! I nearly cried when I opened an email from Jack with drawings he'd scanned from my friends. I don't think of myself as someone who cries all the time, but my memories of the past month don't support that idea. Except that I haven't actually had a good cry since I left Haiti, I just keep feeling like I'm going to. I started to cry in church today - They were singing a song about Africa- but then people came to comfort me.

I know I should have been grateful, but i was actually quite embitterred. I really need a good cry. I don't want to be comforted! There are things worth crying for, especially if the other option is joining the world of "Dead like Me". (and I don't just mean the one with Georgia and Rube) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Val said...

Brad! Leslie loves you! I'm so flattered you read my blog. and glad that i managed to convey the need to cry.

I feel like I've been too hard on the comforters though. I think I would probably be just as hurt if someone thought it was okay that I was miserable. And how, from the outside, can one tell the difference between miserable tears and releasing tears?