Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Val writes: Robbed

I'm okay, no one is hurt, but we were robbed last night. He had a ski mask and a gun, and got about 70 or 80 USD. Spent the night at a neighbour's, today is spent trying to track down a truck to loan the police so they can make arrests and inquiries.

This is the second time my house has been broken into since I came to haiti eight months ago. The perpetrators from the last time are still at large, so I am mostly feeling worn out thinking that all the efforts I make today will be for nothing. But at least I will probably be able to track down a truck with one of my friends. And can afford security measures. If I were Haitian, I'd have an even smaller chance of justice.

... Got a truck, have to go back to the police station. Please pray for us and the police and the perpetrator and Haiti, for wisdom and courage, and stuff. Safety stuff too I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val, what are doing is not for nothing. You are helping tons of people live healthier. That is the best gift to give someone.