Sunday, August 22, 2004
dylan- i reposted this here for you because it is longer than i wanted in my email.
This is one reason I haven't been posting lately ~ I really have no new news about our immigration process, except that Ronel has finally made contact with the DMP( Dr who can do his medical) and found out that it will cost him $200 US for his medical exam - this is the equivalent of $1500 Haitian dollars. This is money that neither of us have at this time, plus I need to have to $1500 Cdn for sending in with the immigration paperwork. My friends have been fabulous and we have been talking about doing some various fund raisers to raise money to get Ronel here. Calling Ronel has been hard because it is getting harder and harder to be okay with the fact that we are still not in the same country, and that for right now phone calls and memories are all we have, and a hope that one day - IN GOD'S TIMING - we will be together again, as husband and wife, living in the same country able to really start our live together. I spoke to Ronel on Sunday and found out that other than the medical exam, he is only waiting on one piece of paper - an archived copy of our marriage certificate. So, other than waiting for that paper, we are both just waiting for the funds so that we can get this immigration process started. Then comes more waiting! Filing isn't the end of the road, it is only another beginning - the beginning of a 6-18 month wait. I know that God can get our paperwork through the process quickly if that is His plan and I am learning daily that I CAN'T take control of this, I have to leave it all in God's hand. Not having control is hard for me, especially on something this big! I especially struggle with having no control over things like money! It is a daily prayer that gets me through each day without breaking down and bawling because my husband isn't here, but I also know and can hold on to the fact that I KNOW that God told both Ronel & I that we were to be together and that this time apart is not for forever. Being able to call and talk to Ronel is both a good and not so good thing... Good because I miss him like crazy and being able to hear his voice is better than nothing at all! Not so good because it makes it harder being away from him, and on "bad" days when I can hear the strain in his voice and hear how much he misses me, without him having to say a word, is some days more than I can handle on my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment